Sunday, November 6, 2011

Warts and...

...all.

It's been a challenging 2 months and I haven't had the energy or ambition to do much blogging.  School is in session, meaning our clinic is packed full of the "strep children" (as I call them), and work has been exhausting.   There are nights that all I can manage is a bowl of soup and flopping on the couch til I head to bed.

Winter is setting in.  We had about 4 inches of snow yesterday and today the skies are grey and gloomy.  I'm just not a winter person and feel like moving more toward hibernation.  My intense sense of well being has been replaced by fatigue and ennui.

My yoga teacher has been down with a mysterious illness that is defying both Eastern and Western treatment approaches.  He has suspended his classes and our private sessions for the time being.  It's a huge loss for me, and while we are staying in touch and have spent some wonderful quality time together in the past week, it's just not the same.  The substitute teachers in his classes were more than disappointing.  The spirit and calmness of his classes was replaced with generalized chatting and noise, so many feel they need to fill every second with sound, rather than the silence I crave and have come to find in my teacher's classes.

I had a major meltdown one night after a sub took his class.  Grieving so very deeply.   I am fortunate that I have dear friends to support me, but essentially, I just needed to cry for hours and even called in sick the next day to regroup and recoup.

Serendipitously, this week I leave for the Sivananda Ashram in Grass Valley CA.  It took some courage to decide to go, but now I'm very grateful for the timing since I've been without my teacher for several weeks.  I hope to be blogging from there so stay tuned.   I'm starting with the Beginner's Course, Level 1.  I'm feeling very drawn to the pure form that I've come to appreciate...  I'm excited and a bit scared at the same time....

My hope is that this will be the impetus to really cultivate a personal practice that will be with me for a long time.

No comments: