Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Real Life...

...sets in.

I've been home just over a week...  the ashram experience is still so very real and yet feels so very far away.  My teacher is still ill, altho now we know what's up and he's getting the treatment he needs to heal.  I'm so very grateful for an answer for him, and continue to hold him in my thoughts and send him healing energy every night in meditation.

Last week was a short week, with a nice 4 day Thanksgiving holiday in there.  Now we count down to graduation on December 16 and all the munchkins go home for the winter break.  We've nearly conquered another semester.  I haven't been at a yoga class since I left the ashram, but the good news is that a new Sivananda teacher is at the studio.  My yoga buddy went tonight and said it was perfect..... so I'll be back on the mat on Thursday.  I miss it!

I've gotten pretty fussy about what I like and don't like in yoga classes.  I love the calm and quiet of Sivananda classes.  I love that the teachers don't feel like they need to fill every second with sound or idle chatter (which has been an ongong problem with some of the teachers at the current studio).  I love the breathing and centering that I feel.  I'm hopeful that my resolution to continue the practice will be fulfilled. 

I find that my mind is quieter, even though I'm not always finding the time for formal meditation.   My quiet time in the mornings is quiet and contemplative.  And at night, I can clear my head and breathe before I fall asleep.  Lasting lessons.  

\

No comments: