Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Sermons....

... on the mat. My favorite "sermons" are the often impromptu words of wisdom spoken at the beginning of yoga classes. I have truly been blessed with the teachers who seem to know what is going on in my head and share a bit of insight that helps steer me in the right directions. Often, this is framed as setting an intention for practice, or it could a be a sutra for consideration or the sharing of an experience.

My teacher has been sharing a lot about the elements of earth, air, water, and fire in class. We did our astrological charts and added up where our planets were in relation to the elements. I was very strong in earth (Capricorn with Taurus moon, yeah, no surprise), strong in air, medium in fire and water was the weakest. So my work is in letting it all flow.

Tonight, he talked about comfort and rest and grounding and earth, which I needed after a fiery past 24 hours. And at the end of the class, the music drifting in from the hot dog place next door was the Beatles, singing Help. The words were perfect..... "Help me get my feet back on the ground....."

There are no accidents, it's all in perfect synchronicity.

No comments: