Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Lunar Eclipse.....

.... sunshine and shadow.


Today, Google has had a live feed of the lunar eclipse. It sort of sounds crazy, but watching the live feed from Dubai was fascinating. The earth moved from the left upper portion of the moon, across the surface, almost diagnonally, and past the lower edge. As I watched, only half listening to the commentator, I was taken by how vast our universe really is.... and how much we are a part of that greater whole.


It was the interplay of light and shadow that held my attention. Light, shadow, and darkness are all part of the same continum, not separate entities as some would imagine. As the earth moved over the moon, the color changed from bright white to pink and orange and finally blood orange during the full eclipse. And as the shadow moved, the opposite side of the moon began to lighten in color and finally returned to the bright white full moon we all know.

I've been talking with my teacher about shadowy stuff. I'm still me. But sometimes the shadow, the stuff I don't like about myself, passes by, obscuring my light and placing me in partial darkness. But like the eclipse, the shadow passes and I'm still me on the other side. And still part of that greater whole.

Om Shanti.....

No comments: