Thursday, July 28, 2011

Layers....

...upon layers.

This move to the new facility has been interesting to say the least.  What I've been noticing is that we can only work in layers.  This has to be done before that can be done.  For example, I can't finish prepping my exam rooms until the computer wall mounts are up and the computers get off the counters.  The computers can't get mounted and installed until the IT guys have time and they have been busy with the servers.  The printers can't be installed (also on the counter tops) til the grommets get installed.  Whew.  It gets confusing.  

Layer upon layer.

Moving an entire university division into a new building (approved December 2007, completed [almost] July 2011) is a huge undertaking and I've had time to make sure my assignments are done, without worrying about the bigger picture at this point.  I'm staying grounded for the most part, although yesterday was a harder day and I was exhausted by last night.  I keep reminding myself that I'm not in charge of this or that, and letting go of the rest.

My yoga teacher is back from Peru and it was so good to see him tonight.  It was an amazing class and the energy in the room was so delightful.  I almost cried with pure joy several times during the class.   I was in my element and found new layers there.  My mind immediately quieted as class began, breathing was effortless, poses were deeper.  The past 3 weeks have been time for integration and appreciation, and tonight, a joyful practice, in celebration of the sense of being home.

Om Shanti... Om.

No comments: