Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Be the rain....

...be the rain.

The monsoons have finally arrived to nuture our dry soil and parched forests.  

I've been doing private sessions with my primary yoga teacher, doing energy work and talking about yoga as life.  A few weeks ago, we did my natal chart, placing the planets according to their energy.  I'm strong in earth (no surprise, Capricorn with a Taurus moon), strong in fire, moderate in air, and low in water energy.  So we've been working with that... related to the 3rd chakra, solar plexus, and lots of energetic stuff.

I'm not a crier generally and being able to cry in session has been a tremendous gift.  It's water, he says, and my work is in letting it flow.   Strengthening the water element and moving stuff through.

Tonight as we concluded our class in savasana, the rains resumed, and along with it, I heard "Be the Rain, Be the Rain...." and that was my mantra through our relaxation. 

And then I cried all the way home.....

No comments: