Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Which way do I.....

..want to go?

I love this intersection.  Look closely at the traffic lights.  (Click on the photo for the bigger image) One points left, the other right, and there are enough arrows and directions to confuse the uninitiated.  But it makes me smile every time I see it.

Every moment is a choice.  That thought came to mind during my yoga practice tonight.   Each pose, each breath became a choice to remain conscious and present.  I sometimes wonder about the choices that others make (and that whole discussion could get pretty severe and depressing), but I'm reminded that I can only really consider the choices that are on my path. 

I took the day off yesterday.  After a weekend of county fair and other festivities, I needed a day to catch up and be nice to myself.  I went to my favorite teacher's yoga class, ran errands, and ended with a lunch date with a friend.  We talked a lot about meditation since we are both exploring it and delighting in the things that we are realizing through this practice.  It's a choice to seek silence, to listen deeply, and to know that all the wisdom is contained within.  I didn't believe that at first, but the more I meditate, the more I see that its true for me.