Wednesday, February 22, 2012

A Glimmer....

...of light.

There was still a glimmer of daylight on the horizon when I left yoga practice tonight at 645.  Spring is coming.  It was almost 50 degrees outside and I could smell spring in the air.  I had to pause for a deep breath of the fresh air.

It's been an easy winter as far as weather is concerned.  We had only one major storm, only two really bad days for driving... the rest have been brief warm short-lasting bursts of snow.  I'm so not a winter person, so this has been an easy one.  But the short days always make me feel sort of down and blue and tired.  Some of the energy is coming back.

Another darkness is resolving, as my primary Sivananda teacher will be headed back this week.  He's been gone four months and I've missed him tremendously.  We've talked a few times and emailed and texted, but so much has happened and changed within ... I've missed his amazing compassionate spirit and willing ear.  We already have a session scheduled for the week he gets back...

A light at the end of the tunnel...  spring is coming... again.  Shanti Om.

No comments: