Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Back on the...

...mat.

I finally made it to yoga class tonight.  The studio has certainly gone thru a lot of teachers since mine has been gone.  The first, while she claimed that her primary practice was Sivananda, was NOT a true Sivananda teacher.   She had stuff in all the wrong order and it just doesn't work that way in my mind (and come to find out, many others).  I think she has been dismissed. 

Since being home from the ashram, I've had command performance holiday parties on every night that yoga is offered.  The new sub is good, I finally went tonight.  It felt good but oh my goodness, three weeks without a structured practice really made me feel it.

I still long for the calm of my teacher.  He is getting better, but still at home, healing.  We've talked often.  At the end tonight, I felt very connected to him.  I could feel activity in my third eye....a gentle pressure that was both reassuring and tender.

Tomorrow is the Winter Solstice.  The light returns.  Candles are gently glowing as I write this.  A sense of calm pervades.  I felt very anxious going to class tonight.  But now I feel a renewal beginning...

Om Shanti...  

No comments: